Indeed, today is Ada Lovelace Day. If you haven’t already, go show some appreciation. If you already have, do it again!
Not sure what the day is about? Check out http://findingada.com/
So who is your inspiration? As the day is about showing your appreciation and showing support for women in science, technology, engineering and all the other related fields, I’d write a blog explaining why the named few are awesome. However, partly because I’m lazy, and partly because my brain is fried today, I’ve decided to keep it simple and just list them with a sentence or two explaining why.
In no particular order;
- Mel – A science, a geek and just plane awesome.
- Kitty – Crazy geologist with a dinosaur. What more can be said?
- Radina – Brilliant computer scientist, even if its denied!
- Limor – For showing theres no limits in what can be done, as demonstrated by adafruit industries.
- Emma – Despite what may be claimed, she is still great at what she does.
- Hayley – Great science writer, one of the people behind Geek Pop.
- Steph – Not strictly a scientist, but wishes she was. Good enough for me! Oh and she remembers a biology course, thats enough 😉
This list is by no means complete as there are just so many names that could go on it. In any case <3 to them all!